- QDOLO is the first and only FDA-approved oral liquid form of tramadol.1
- QDOLO is an opioid agonist indicated in adults for the management of pain severe enough to require an opioid analgesic and for which alternative treatments are inadequate.2
Limitations of use2: Because of the risks of addiction, abuse, and misuse with opioids, even at recommended doses, QDOLO is reserved for use in patients for whom alternative treatment options (e.g., non-opioid analgesics):
- Have not been tolerated or are not expected to be tolerated.
- Have not provided adequate analgesia, or are not expected to provide adequate analgesia.
- QDOLO oral solution is a clear, colorless grape flavored liquid containing tramadol HCl 5mg/1mL.2
- QDOLO should be stored at 68oF to 77oF (excursions permitted to 59oF to 86o)2
What is tramadol?
Tramadol is a specific type of narcotic medicine called an opioid that is approved to treat moderate to severe pain in adults.3 Oral tramadol comes in three formulations: tablets, capsules, and liquid. QDOLO is the only FDA-approved oral liquid form of tramadol.1
How QDOLO works
QDOLO works by changing the way your brain perceives pain. The tramadol in QDOLO binds to certain receptors called μ-opioid receptors causing these receptors to decrease the amount of pain your brain thinks you are having. It also inhibits the re-uptake of norepinephrine and serotonin, chemical messengers that transmit signals across nerve endings in the body.2
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration. Orange Book: Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations. Accessed, October 1, 2020.
- QDOLO [prescribing information]. Athens, GA: Athena Bioscience, LLC; 2020.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration. Postmarket Drug Safety Information for Patients and Providers. Tramadol Information. Accessed September 11, 2020.